Peruvian Ox Heart Kebabs
- Sharp knife
- Pestle and Mortar
- 375 g Grass-Fed Ox Heart
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed
- 1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Peppercorns
- 2 Serrano Chiles Stems Removed
- 1 clove Garlic Germ Removed
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- Slice the
Grass-Fed Ox Heart into 2cm cubes.
- Toast the cumin seed in a small frying pan for around one minute.
- Grind the Salt and Peppercorns in the Pestle and Mortar.
- Add the chiles and garlic and grind again.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and mix with the oil and vinegar.
- Add the cubed heart, tossing them thoroughly to ensure they are evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Pre-heat the grill of barbecue to high.
- Thread the marinated cubes onto around 8 kebab skewers and cook over a high heat for around 4 minutes, turning once.
Jennifer McLagan is the author of the widely acclaimed books Bones (2005), Fat (2008), Odd Bits (2011), and Bitter (2014). Her books have won numerous awards from the Beard Foundation, IACP and Gourmand International.
Do you have a favourite recipe using our products? Get in touch and share it with us!